Friday, November 26, 2010

Obligatory Introduction Post

Mary, Mary, quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
and pretty maids all in a row.

According to my very brief wikipedia search, this rhyme is a reference to Mary I of England. The garden is thought to symbolize England, silver bells represent the Catholic Church, cockle shells refers to her husband's believed infidelity, and the pretty maids refer to her ladies in waiting. Of all these, only the first line has anything to do with me at all, and only if you take it literally. I'm not English, Catholic, married, nor am I in a position to have ladies in waiting. However, I am quite contrary.

I recently graduated from university in an applied math program, and am starting law school. I'm going to try to keep this somewhat separate from my real life for professional reasons. I love cute things and my room is filled with stuffed toys, but I've also trained in various martial arts for seven or eight years now. Currently, I'm into kendo, which is Japanese sword-fighting. I'm told that I am the strangest combination of genius and five-year-old that people have ever met. I'm talkative, but still an introvert. I like to read, mostly fantasy and sci-fi, and I like crime-drama TV shows. I think I'm a Gryffindor.

Where is this blog going? Well, I intend on posting book reviews and participating in reading challenges, and occasionally I'll dip into explanations of cool things in physics or mathematics or just cool stuff generally. My goal is to post about once a week, on some undetermined topic. Who knows? Even I'm not sure yet, but I am pretty excited to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment